Sarah NakhumitsaRegional Human Rights Officer, Soroti Regional Office
areas of expertise
- Social Sector Planning & Management
- Monitoring & reporting the human rights
- Children Rights
- Peace & Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Bachelors Degree SWSA, Makerere University
- Masters in Social Sector Planning and Management (MA SSPM) , Makerere University
She holds a BA (SWSA) from MUK and Masters in Social Sector Planning and Management (MA SSPM) also from MUK.
Prior to joining UHRC, Ms Nakhumitsa worked with Uganda Railways Corporation as Asst Personnel Officer and as Administrative Assistant with Meat Master Plan Study under the MAIF.
She joined UHRC in 2002 as Investigations Officer at Mbarara Regional Office until November 1st 2007 when she was promoted to a Regional Human Rights Officer and transferred to head Jinja Regional Office.Her areas of interest include: Rights of children, Peace and conflict prevention and resolution
Rights of women; and Rights of detainees